Meet Dr. Smith //
New patients meeting Dr. Smith for the first time are very often pleasantly surprised. They're most often surprised by his very personal attention to their specific needs. Whether it's taking the time during your free consultation to answer your many questions & concerns. Or later, when your surgery date gets closer, you may feel the normal concerns all patients have. Dr. Smith will be right by your side offering you very personal care.
In his free time, Dr. Smith enjoys spending time with his family. His wife is a board certified Physician Assistant who specializes in all aspects of cosmetic dermatology. They have been married for nearly 10 years and have supported each other through college, and their medical training. The Smith’s have three young children and enjoy spending time with many outdoor activities and traveling.
Experience and Training
- Prior to his plastic surgery training at the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Smith completed his General Surgery residency at the University of Arizona and is board certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery.
- Dr. Smith is a double board certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons (ABPS). This means that he has passed a very rigorous program designed to enhance his already proven surgical & medical skills.
- He completed his plastic surgery fellowship at the prestigious Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Training under many of the top plastic surgeons in the nation has allowed Dr. Smith to gain expertise in many areas of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Dr. Smith has experience with breast cancer patients, and specializes in breast reconstruction. This allows him to work hand in hand with the breast surgeons in Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas to provide the best reconstructive options and results for his patients.
Because of his recent plastic surgery training, Dr. Smith is on the cutting edge of all aspects of aesthetic surgery including:
- The latest breast and body contouring techniques.
- Special emphasis on facial rejuvenation (eyelid lifts, brow lifts, and nasal surgery).
- Non-surgical techniques for facial rejuvenation including, Botox Cosmetic®, Juvaderm®, Restylane®, and the Obagi® skin care line.
Working with those in need:
- Dr. Smith also has a special interest in working with the underserved and less fortunate. He has been involved in medial missions in third world countries. Most recently, he traveled to Hanoi, Vietnam with other plastic surgeons from the Mayo Clinic to perform surgical corrections for congenital defects, such as cleft lip and palate deformities.